Sunday, November 15, 2009

Singing in the Basement

If someone sings in a basement, and no one's within earshot, do they still make a sound?
If people hear someone singing in a basement, do they think that person is crazy?
If I just happened to waltz down the stairs into my unfinished basement today and start singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," would you stop reading this blog?
Well, I didn't, but I find the idea rather tantalizing. I'll have to try it one day. Maybe one day, I'll graduate from basement fantasies to humming in the park, and then to singing at church, and then I'll make an appearance on Oprah's and get a million dollar contract with a major music producer and belt out tunes for the world to hear. It certainly would be interesting to blog about.
For now, I'll just bore whatever poor soul is reading this with stories about singing in the basement. Anyone want to sing with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment