Friday, April 9, 2010

A Color


1

2

3

4

5

Five colors spilled out into the ocean.
Five colors crested a wave.
Five colors drank all the water in the world.
Five colors dug a graying grave.
Five colors only

Four colors smiled at the sunlight.
Four colors spoke to the moon.
Four colors milked the glowing way.
Four colors only

Three colors lay down under branches.
Three colors danced with the leaves.
Three colors only

Two colors hoped for something better
bitter
Two colors only

One color only saved the world. Red.

1 comment:

  1. I looked and looked at this painting, drinking it in. Reading the poem, it made my heart quiver. Then I thought, "I KNOW this painting....this writer.....this dragonfly girl!!!" Oh my gosh, it's YOU!!! I've enjoyed your blog and not even known it was you. Am I ever abashed! Wow, I'm related to the talented creator of one of my favorite blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete